Let Jay - Gymates Qualified PT safely guide you through this routine
ball to leg TransferHOW TO GUIDE
Watch, listen and learn
Only do what you can
aim to do 10 reps in one
aim to do 3 sets of 10
Here is gymates how to guide:
The ball to leg transfer exercise is a great way to strengthen your core, improve your balance and coordination, and enhance your overall fitness. However, it is important to perform this exercise safely to avoid injury. Here’s a guide to help you safely complete the ball to leg transfer exercise:
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding a medicine ball in both hands at chest height.
- Engage your core muscles and maintain good posture throughout the exercise.
- Take a step forward with your right foot, and as you do so, lift your left leg off the ground and bring it up to hip height.
- As you bring your left leg up, transfer the medicine ball from your hands to your left foot, placing it between your foot and your ankle.
- Hold the medicine ball in place with your left foot, keeping your core engaged and your balance steady.
- Slowly lower your left foot back to the ground and step back with your right foot.
- Repeat the exercise on the other side, stepping forward with your left foot and transferring the medicine ball to your right foot.
Here are some additional tips to help you complete this exercise safely:
- Start with a lightweight medicine ball to ensure that you can maintain good form throughout the exercise.
- Keep your movements slow and controlled to avoid losing your balance.
- Focus on maintaining good posture and engaging your core muscles throughout the exercise.
- If you have any balance or coordination issues, you may want to perform this exercise near a wall or sturdy object that you can use for support.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort during the exercise, stop immediately and consult a healthcare professional.