Here is gymates how to guide:
Explosive push-ups are an advanced exercise that can help you build strength and power in your upper body. However, as with any exercise that involves explosive movements, it’s important to perform them safely to avoid injury. Here are some guidelines to help you safely perform explosive push-ups:
- Warm up: Before you begin any exercise, it’s important to warm up your muscles to reduce the risk of injury. A good warm-up might include some light cardio, such as jogging or jumping jacks, followed by some dynamic stretching exercises to loosen up your muscles.
- Start with regular push-ups: If you’re new to explosive push-ups, start by practicing regular push-ups to build up your strength and form. Once you feel comfortable with regular push-ups, you can start to incorporate explosive movements.
- Choose the right surface: Explosive push-ups require a stable and non-slippery surface. Make sure you’re exercising on a flat and non-slippery surface to avoid any accidents.
- Maintain proper form: Proper form is crucial when performing explosive push-ups to prevent injuries. Keep your body straight and your core engaged throughout the movement. Make sure your hands are directly below your shoulders, and keep your elbows close to your body.
- Start with small explosive movements: Start by incorporating small explosive movements into your regular push-ups. For example, you can push off the ground quickly and lift your hands off the ground slightly. As you become more comfortable, you can increase the height of your jump and the force of your push.
- Don’t overdo it: Explosive push-ups can be very challenging, so it’s important not to overdo it. Start with just a few reps and gradually increase as your strength and form improve.
- Listen to your body: If you feel any pain or discomfort while performing explosive push-ups, stop immediately. It’s better to take a break and rest than to push through the pain and risk injury.