Here is gymates how to guide:
The Superman core exercise is a great way to strengthen your lower back, glutes, and core muscles. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to perform this exercise safely:
- Lie face down on a mat or comfortable surface with your arms and legs fully extended.
- Engage your core muscles by drawing your belly button towards your spine. This will help to protect your lower back during the exercise.
- Lift your arms and legs off the ground simultaneously, keeping them straight. As you do this, focus on squeezing your glutes and lower back muscles to lift your limbs off the ground.
- Hold the position for a few seconds, making sure to keep your neck in a neutral position and avoid straining your lower back.
- Slowly lower your arms and legs back to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for 10-15 repetitions, or as many as you can do with good form.
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid lifting your arms and legs too high, as this can put strain on your lower back.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort, stop the exercise immediately.
- If you have any pre-existing lower back injuries or conditions, consult with a healthcare professional before attempting this exercise.
- Make sure to warm up your core and lower back muscles before performing this exercise to prevent injury.
- Gradually increase the intensity and duration of the exercise over time as your strength and endurance improve.